Estancia's Aubri Wrye figures to be among those leading the 3A girls pack next fall. Photo by Alan Versaw.
Hands down, the most significant running sport event in the state this weekend was the Early Grizzly Open in Alamosa.
You've probably been told that running in two or more pairs of shoes throughout the week can lower your risk of injury. According to a first-of-its-kind study, you've probably been told correctly, as runners who rotated among multiple models during the 22-week study had a 39% lower risk of running injury than those who almost always ran in the same shoes. (via Runner's World)
While most of 5A is familiar with one another from 4A, Lovington's Alexis Mata and Luis Villasenor will be new cards in the deck. Photo by Alan Versaw.
Saturday the 7th of December, the legendary Mt. San Antonio College Cross Country course in Walnut, CA will play host to the 34 Annual Foot Locker Western Regional Championships.
Shawvan Levi figures to lead the individual title chase, but can anyone hold off Taos for the team title? Photo by Alan Versaw.
Luiz Martinez's third-place finish in 2012 was bettered only by Ben Johnson's second in 2006. Photo by Patty Morgan.
A complete list, to-date, of New Mexico entries for Foot Locker West.
Kiana Chavez led Ramah to a solid 2A finish last fall. She gets a chance to make an even bigger difference next fall in the new 1A/2A classification. Photo by Alan Versaw.
Caroline Alcorta (VA) ripped up the McAlpine Park course to the tune of 16:55! Many more dominate performances as well as a few surprises. (Photo by Mary Ann Magnant)
Courtney Chapman is one of only two runners to compete in five different Nike Cross Nationals races. Photo by Alan Versaw.
- Article Comment: A history of New Mexico at NXN
- Article Comment: NM 5A Girls in 2014
- Article Comment: MileSplit New Mexico looking to groom a homegrown webmaster
- Article Comment: NM 6A Boys in 2014 (corrected)
- Article Comment: New Mexico NXR-SW Summary
- Article Comment: NM 3A Girls in 2014
- Article Comment: MileSplit All-New Mexico Boys 2013
- Article Comment: New Mexico Alumni Report: November 3 - 9
- Article Comment: State Previews: 2A
- Article Comment: A history of New Mexico at NXR-SW
- Air Force Holiday Open
- Foot Locker Nationals
- USATF National Junior Olympics XC Championships
- Great Southwest Classic Indoor Invitational
- Cherry and Silver Invitational (College)
- Duke City All-Comers (HS, Open)
- New Mexico Open (HS, Open)
- New Mexico Team Invitational
- New Mexico Classic (College)
- Air Force Indoor Open (High School)
- Jacqueline Katzman to Cornell University