Josh McAdams, winner of multiple national steeplechase titles, had to overcome a lot of people thinking he couldn't do what he did. Contributed photo.
Emerald Goranson was Socorro's top finisher at state last year as a freshman. On Friday, she gets to help set the tone for a new season at Socorro's own home meet. Photo by Alan Versaw.
Each year, one of the greatest spectacles in cross country in the entire Southwest region is the American Fork Grass Relays. Photo contributed by Timo Mostert.
You have a great set of meet photos and want to share them. Now what do you do?
By Dave Wagner email@example.com Clovis High freshman Kelsey McNaughton was a bit stunned at how the girls race turned out in Friday’s season-opening Clovis Invitational at Ned Houk Park. Coach Mark Bussen, on the other hand, was not. McNaughton ran away from the field to win the three-mile event in a time of 20 minutes, … (via Clovis News Journal)
It’s not about the performances of the top two or three runners on the cross-country course. (via The Santa Fe New Mexican)
Chris Harlow and Devin Paredes are the two lone 6A representatives in the top seven of returning runners. Photos by Alan Versaw.
Kara Skattum posted the top time for an intriguing Broomfield girls entry at the New Balance Valmont Cross Country Invitational. Photo by Renee Haip.
We teased you with a top 10 watch list article and a Who's #1 video ranking the top 7 runners in the country. Now is the time to reveal our complete pre-season top 25 national rankings of the best girls returning in the nation for the 2014 XC season.
The first program of its kind to identify, recognize and award the future stars and faces of the sport, Hoka One One and MileSplit will showcase the best underclassmen runners of high school cross country this fall.
Molly Klein boasts the fastest time of any returning female runner from New Mexico, but it you limit it to in-state performances at altitude, Jessie Hix takes top honors. Photos by Alan Versaw.
- Article Comment: New Mexico's 20 Fastest Returning Runners - Girls Edition
- Article Comment: New Mexico's 20 Fastest Returning Runners - Boys Edition
- Article Comment: Three ways of seeing 4A girls cross country, 2014
- Article Comment: Three ways of seeing 6A boys cross country, 2014
- Article Comment: Three ways of seeing 5A boys cross country, 2014
- Article Comment: Three ways of seeing 6A girls cross country, 2014
- Article Comment: Three ways of seeing 4A boys cross country, 2014
- Article Comment: Three ways of seeing 3A boys cross country, 2014
- Article Comment: Budick named as Gatorade boys track and field athlete of the year
- Article Comment: The future of MileSplit New Mexico