NMTCCCA SEPULVEDA SCHOLARSHIP MileSplit Partnership
There are 2 scholarships to be awarded annually for one boy and one girl. Each is $750.00. Scholarship awards will be announced at the Marilyn Sepulveda Track meet. Packets with all required forms and documents are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, May 10, 2021
EACH CANDIDATE MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- The candidate for monetary scholarship disbursement must be a graduating senior that exhibits the qualities and tools of success that bring honor and exemplify the true spirit of the sport(s) of Cross Country and/or Track & Field.
- Candidate must have competed for: 3 years in Cross Country, or • 3 years in Track and Field, or 4 years combined (2 & 2) on both XC and T&F
- At the time of application, the Candidate must meet the minimum GPA requirement of 2.5. •
- Candidates must graduate and be accepted to any post-secondary institution (College or specialized institute).
- A recent photograph or clear snapshot of the candidate must be submitted.
- Completed nomination form from a coach, teacher, administrator, or teammate recommending the candidate.
- Candidates must submit a typed one-page minimum, two pages maximum personal statement (and examples) on the lessons learned from XC or T&F that made the • biggest difference in the life of the candidate as well as how involvement developed his/her perspective on what it takes to succeed.
- At least two letters of recommendation that speaks to the candidates:
1. Work ethic (on and off the field)
2. Teamwork •
3. Displays of sportsmanship
TIPS ON COMPLETING THE APPLICATION/NOMINATION PACKET
1. Read the requirements listed above carefully.
2. Be sure to fill out the application/nomination form completely.
3. Applications/nominations must be submitted by Monday, May 10, 2021
4. Submit all materials together to ensure that all information is received.
5. Incomplete application/nomination packets will not be considered.
Application/nomination form •
Personal Statement (1-2 pages) •
Three (3) letters of recommendation •
Copy of current transcript
If you have questions or would like more information, please contact Spencer Sielschott at email@example.com