A Tweak to MileSplit New Mexico

• Alan Versaw
    Site Admin
    CoachVersaw
    Up until now, the MileSplit New Mexico site was set up to require a login to view the rankings. The idea here was to get you to establish a username and thus open up parts of the site (like managing your team--for coaches--and individual--for athletes--pages on the site, participate in the forum, and whatnot). I've opened that up a little. You can now view the basic rankings (top marks in each event, sortable by classification and district) without logging in.

Honestly, I simply want you to start getting accustomed to seeing what MileSplit offers. Forcing you to register and login before viewing rankings was proving to be counter-productive. Advanced rankings (virtual meets and--for use in the fall--cross country team rankings) will still require registering and logging in. I think after you start getting accustomed to using the rankings, this won't be the same obstacle that it's been before you've even seen the rankings.

Rankings for the 2012 outdoor season are available for your viewing by clicking on Stats in the main red navigation bar above, and then selecting either high school boys or high school girls from the Outdoor T & F area. Thus far, only a few schools have any results to post, but that will change in a dramatic way following this coming weekend.

Please let me know if you have any questions.