Cleveland Invite Results changed?
03/14/2016 12:46:44 PM
User
SUBSCRIBER
Why would Milesplit report results that are short of the actual result as reported in Direct athletics. Ex. A girl high jumps 5'6" , but MS lists that as 5'5.75"?? Long jumpers the same way. I do not know how many results from the meet were doctored down or why? Can someone explain why this would occur?
Why would Milesplit report results that are short of the actual result as reported in Direct athletics. Ex. A girl high jumps 5'6" , but MS lists that as 5'5.75"?? Long jumpers the same way. I do not know how many results from the meet were doctored down or why?

Can someone explain why this would occur?
03/23/2016 6:21:04 PM
Admin
SUBSCRIBER
@cbarnard Possibly these result represent a double conversion. English -> metric -> English again. In that case, a 5-6 high jump could be recorded as 1.67 meters then converted to 5-5.75 inches. If anyone would like to send me meet results directly, I can make sure they get posted as recorded at the meet. versawa@msn.com.
@cbarnard

Possibly these result represent a double conversion. English -> metric -> English again. In that case, a 5-6 high jump could be recorded as 1.67 meters then converted to 5-5.75 inches. If anyone would like to send me meet results directly, I can make sure they get posted as recorded at the meet. versawa@msn.com.

You must be logged in to comment.

Click Here to Log In.